Read Through Our Helpful FAQs

Read through some of our frequently asked questions to find the answers you’re looking for if our friendly staff can’t help you out. No matter what, when it comes to your range options and firearm needs, you can count on Chris Indoor Range & Gun Shop to give you the help you’re looking for.

Q: What are your range restrictions for shooting certain calibers and rifles?

A: Here is a list of what is NOT allowed: 50 AE, 500 SW, 480 RUGER, 475 LINBAUGH, 454 CASULL, 460 SW, 17 HMR, 17 MACH 2, .223 (5.56MM), .222, 5.7X28MM, 30 CAL, 7.62X39MM, or any other rifle caliber that can be shot in a pistol! Please be sure to ask questions before you shoot to ensure safety to all.

Q: Where are you located, and is there parking?

A: Chris Indoor Range & Gun Shop is located at 2458 Boston Post Road in Guilford, directly across from the Gozzi Turkey Farm. Yes, parking is available on the left hand side of the building.

Q: What are your hours?

A: Our hours are: Tuesday , Wednesday, & Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Thursday: 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM | Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Mondays: CLOSED

Q: How do I apply for a Temporary State Pistol Permit?

A: You must go to the Police Department or Resident Trooper of the town in which you live and get an “application for a pistol permit”. The application has all the instructions necessary to obtain the permit. It generally takes six to eight weeks to obtain one.

Q: Once I have received a temporary permit, how do I apply for a state permit?

You have to go to the DESPP to convert your temporary permit into a state permit. Please refer form DPS-76 9-C for instructions and places to visit to get this done. You will need to fill out an “Application for State Permit” to Carry Pistols and Revolvers (form DPS-46-C). The cost of a 5-year permit is $70.

Q: May I keep my pistol permit if I move out of state?

A: Yes, provided you notify the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit of the change of address, and continue to renew your permit.

Q: How long is a permit to carry pistols and revolvers good for?

A: The permit is valid for 5 years from the date of issuance, unless revoked or suspended.

Q: Can I shoot rifles and shotguns at your range?

A: Only pistol caliber rifles are allowed. No big bore ( .223, 7.62, 30-30, .308, 30.06, etc.). No shotguns are allowed except .410 judge or governor.